How Shared Hosting Packages Operate
A shared hosting service implies storing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server hosted by a shared hosting company. There are different groups of hosting services used for different ends, so let's review them. Doing so, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a blog, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
1 website hosted
5 websites hosted
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various firms, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain spell of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel web hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would assign the tasks at hand between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different shared hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific providers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a great amount of images with pals or colleagues since the service is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your emails. Some companies offer shared hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to administer as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail addresses, upload video files, etc. At smak4www you can examine shared shared hosting and dedicated server solutions that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free web hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific web content only.